Monday, January 17, 2011

Auto Show


Yeah!
I went to my first auto show!
= )
The Rays had been before
but this time I was able to tag along.

I never realized how many people went to these things!


There were TONS of people!!!


Then there were cars...




Cars....




And MORE Cars!





I guess that's the point.
= )




Here's the group I went with...

Kyle, Krissy, Mya, and Armani.



Some were willing to be seen...



Others were not...




I don't think I was ready for this pose.




We saw quite a few interesting models.
I was shocked to even see the new police
cars displayed, though I didn't
get a picture of those.



You certainly can't have fun without
FOOD!


The owner of one of the food stations
in Cobo Hall is actually a close
friend of the family, so she gave us
free pizza!
Kyle enjoyed his slice.


I took a picture of this one for my mom...
I thought she'd like it...
and she did!


She's into the classic car look.
Hmmm... a Mercedes Benz...
not bad taste, huh?



Then we had a cell phone break...



Had to stay in touch with the outside world.



Now, you'll never guess what this
KIA
can do...

I was impressed with this butterfly move...

the doors are like wings...

and even the bucket seats twirl around
toward the back!


But why?
Maybe to play Pick-Two or Uno on road trips.



I think this Ford is another guy car.








Yep, I was right!


Now this one I like...









Here comes a candied apple!

Red brings quite a crowd...





And this...


is a Chevrolet...


Volt...





Really...


I'm not that good with the names...



it's just easy to see on this pic.









Love this blue!




And a convertible too!



Mmmm....mmmm....mmmm!





Now this yellow * # ?



(the make and model escapes me-



actually I never paid attention to that much detail)


I'll call it a bumble bee...


it's a fairly nice one.





Hmmmm....



Didn't draw much of a crowd though.

= /



Does anyone know the name of this one?


Silver, shiny and sleek...

We'll call it...

Boo-yang!
(haha...that was my mom's suggestion...
she said it's Pig- Latin for NICE)
I'm sure she's joking!

Mya and Kyle liked this one!



Well, the next one was...


I guess okay...


actually...


not that special to me...





Not too much into the color...

interesting shape though.


Maybe it's a guy thing.






On the way out, a man caught my attention.


He was drawing portraits with record speed!


So, I thought I'd get in on the deal...


I think he drew mine in 5 min. flat.



Well, how did he do?

Not bad for 5 min...


I certainly couldn't have done as good of a job.


As far as cars go-


I saved the best for last....


This one was my absolute fave!


Cute and compact...


nice rims too = )


It may also be because it's my favorite color!


Hint...hint...mom =)









Oh yes, I can see myself in this one!



We had a fun time!
= )


No comments:

Post a Comment